Monday, May 13, 2013

surprising favors

Last night as Mother's Day came to a close, Kevin was kind enough to give me a backrub.  Ahhhhhh.  I love backrubs - who doesn't?!  Ever since carrying Taylor, even with chiropractic care, my hips still ache sometimes at the end of the day and I think they're even a little misaligned.  Not to mention the extra padding probably doesn't help.  The rub felt so good.  I ooohhed and ahhhed to positively affirm verbally how nice it felt in the hope that he wouldn't stop.  Of course all good things must come to an end, and Kevin started to pull up the sheet to tuck me in.  I said thank you and started to curl up on my side.

But he pulled the sheet back down and gave me another rub.  For several more minutes!!!  In all of our years, I don't remember ever getting a bonus, surprise rub!!  Sure, I constantly ask, "just one more minute?!"  but to be finished and then just give a whole additional rub?

I would not have done this.

So as I started to fall asleep last night, I thought about how good surprise gifts and unexpected favors feel.  Truly, yes?

I have several goals this week.  To finish filing papers.  To coordinate visits and do paperwork for my job.  Make doctor appointments, clean something (everything), cut coupons, make a week of healthy tasty meals.  Care for my girls and Kevin.   Chat with a few friends and exercise a few times.  Lose 30 lbs.

Ok I wish.

Anyway, to my list I am adding "surprising favor."  I don't know what I want to do and for whom, but it is on my heart how wonderful it is to receive something unexpected.

Have a good week friends, and may you receive a surprising favor!

No comments:

Post a Comment