Thursday, March 1, 2012

March menu

I love thinking about what I am going to make for dinner.  I love cooking, and I love eating.

"Confessions from a fat girl."

Anyway, each month I peruse my freezer, fridge, cupboards and pantry (don't envision an actual pantry, envision a hall closet that is supposed to be for coats that I converted to a "pantry."  Coats now hang on over-the-door hooks in the hallway).   I have ideas in my head of recipes I want to try, or meals we love, and see what I have the ingredients for and what I still need to get.  Then I make a list, and each week on Sunday evening I plug in meals for the week.  I have been planning around 20 meals, bc we have leftovers and go out to eat sometimes.

MARCH

1 Pizza and salad (DiGiornos tonight for family game night)

2 Spaghetti and meatballs, garlic bread

3 Chili and cornbread muffins (ew but Kevin likes them)

4 Chili mac (one night is the soup, a few days later I add cooked macaroni to the leftovers)

5 Ham and Potato Soup (I have a hambone in the freezer I need to use up), grapes

6 Chicken, veggie, rice casserole and homemade applesauce

7 Veggie beef soup, cheese and crackers

8 Breakfast for dinner - egg casserole and taters

9 Breakfast for dinner - pancakes and turkey bacon

10  Chicken marsala, noodles, green beans

11 Turkey breast (I am going to crock-pot it and then use the meat for soup, pot pie and turkey salad for Kevin's lunch)

12 Grilled italian sausage, onion and peppers sammies, fruit salad

13 Pork chops, herb rice, peas

14 Taco salad

15 Grilled cheese and tomato soup

16 Chicken cutlets, fettucini, broccoli

17 London broil, oven potatoes, salad

18 Ravioli, salad

19 BBQ pulled pork, cole slaw

20 Macaroni and cheese, applesauce

Now I am hungry.

1 comment:

  1. Do you have recipes for these. They all seem easy enough for me. But I like stuff that don't have hardly any ingredients. ha ha

    ReplyDelete