Thursday, December 8, 2011

another embarrassing story

For you Niki, since I seem to entertain you with stories that are humiliating for me, haha for you. :)

I coupon.  I spend a chunk of time cutting and organizing my coupons, and then planning my trip to whatever store has a great sale.  A few weeks ago, I was on my way out the door while the kids were in school, to go to the grocery.  Hadn't eaten yet, so I made myself a fruit smoothie, and drank it in the car.

I was feeling great - childless, gonna save some major money, beautiful day, life is good.  Singing in the car kind of good.

I get to the store, and my good mood continues.  They have enough of the products that I want to score my deal, and I practically skip through the store, saying - and smiling - hello to stockers, other shoppers, small children.

I check out, and the cashier takes note of my deal, and we get to talking about coupons.  I notice she looks deeply at me, and I wondered if maybe she is a little special.

You know special...

I get to my car, unload and am heading home.  My tongue moves along my teeth and it feels like there's something there.  At a red light, I lower my visor mirror and...

I have approximately 50 chewed up pieces of blueberry and strawberry seeds stuck in my teeth.  My teeth were COVERED in chunks of fruit.  I didn't know what to do for a second, I just stared at myself, mortified I was in public like that!!

So who's....you know...special, now?  The cashier probably couldn't figure out how I haven't managed to coupon my way to a toothbrush.

Next up, the time my boob fell out of my shirt.  Or maybe I should keep that one to myself.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! It never fails--when you are feeling extra-sassy stuff like that always happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!! You have made me Laugh out loud twice in 1 day! You really should write a book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh! I love it. Thanks for the laughs!
    -zettle

    ReplyDelete