Wednesday, January 11, 2012

top 5 places

As I write this post, I am laying on my couch with my DVR'd Biggest Loser show on, sipping my coffee and admiring our 2 boy brother-cats snuggling each other.

It is times like these, seeing how much they love and depend on each other, that I am so grateful we took the both of them that day at the shelter.  We went there expecting to get one cat, but 2 seconds into our visit the girls were already arguing about who was going to hold the kitten first and I thought, "Self, you must be crazzzzzy.  You're only getting one?!  You are now inviting your cherub children to fight even more than they already do and a poor little kitten will be in the middle of it?  Self, you best be getting each of the cherubs a kitty if you know what's good for you and the cat.  Tell your husband it won't cost that much more money..."

I lied about the money.  They cost a lot.  But the girls each have a kitty and we're all one big happy family.

Hmm.  Remind me of that the next time I'm about to sling one of those lovely cats out my back door for scratching my couch again, or throwing up a furball on the floor so that I step in it first thing in the morning, or when they tease Maela over and over and over again.  Poor Maela.  She's been our cat since our first year of marriage and she's still wondering why we then got a dog (who died when Tate was a baby, but she actually liked him bc he let her be alpha cat) , then had 2 children (whom she doesn't like) and then 2 cats (whom she hates).

I am so off-topic.  I started by describing my little set-up here at home to illustrate that it's not too shabby.  Sure I had to take an allergy pill bc my carpet is old and dirty, sure 1/2 my cabinets in my kitchen are held together by silly putty and a prayer, and yes my floor in my bedroom is still 1/2 carpet, 1/2 subflooring since the bathroom flood of 2011.  But my house is warm, we have everything we need and much of what we want.  HOWEVER, I can't help letting my mind wander once in awhile to where I would be, if I could be.  


So here are the top 5 places.  Whether or not the hubby and children could be with me, totally depends on my mind and the location.  In my fantasy, they can come and go at whim.

I could also be invisible and spy on people.  But that's something else entirely.

*a lakehouse.  Now, I don't know where, all I know is I want to be in a glorious, huge home right on a lake.  I'd have a boat that I know how to operate, and jet skis.  The maid and chef come daily, and my only responsibilities are to read, write, and depending on the weather, either enjoy the snow fall or work on my tan.  I have no tan to work on, even in the middle of the summer.  But in this fantasy, I do.  I'm also working on my tan in my size 4 bikini.  Well great, now I'm depressed.

*Colorado Rockies.  I have been itching to visit this place recently, ever since seeing the Grand Canyon this past summer.  I am just at a place all of a sudden where I really want to enjoy natural beauty that I have only seen in pictures.

*Italy!!  Kevin can come with me on this one.  But if he annoys me he can get himself a pizza and go back to the room while I sightsee.

*down south.  I don't know, Charleston?  Paula Deen would tell me where to go. Maybe I'd stay with her and she'd make us delicious meals and show us around.  I hope there's lots of quaint main street kind of shopping, bc I'm in the mood for that.  I would have a lot of money to shop with.

*Disney and my kids could totally come with us for this one :)  We'd stay at the finest room on "campus"  - well, I should say rooms because of course the girls are getting their own.

I like thinking of these places on one side of my mind, while the other has to get going on some house chores I hope to get accomplished before taking on more hours working outside the home, which I hope to do soon.

So what are YOUR top 5 places you'd escape to today...if only in your mind :)  It's fun to think about, isn't it?

2 comments:

  1. I love living in SC... even though I've never really been to Charleston (gasp). My brother goes to school there and loves it.

    ...Come on down south. We have awesome weather with 4 actual seasons. No matter where you live here in SC, you are just a few hours away from the beach, or mountains. ::Just like heaven, I'd assume!:: :)

    ReplyDelete