Friday, April 17, 2009

Connections

I just watched a video from a Good Morning America show a few weeks ago where a dad talked about his son who was labeled as autistic, but the child has SPD instead...the dad crawled into the crib with his son and thought, this is therapy -- CONNECTION with my child is therapy.  Anyway, i thought of how the times i am closest to my children, i am IN their space, on the floor, doing something calm but playful.  At Sahara Sams on monday, taylor and i laid in the tube around the lazy river umpteen times and she was resting against me, playing with my hands, gazing into each others eyes.  CONNECTED.  there is laundry, phone calls, vacuuming, dishes....it all will have to wait.  i HAVE to become more connected with my girls - i hereby promise to lay around more on the floor.  I can't wait to see the progress, the relationship - i know it will be worthwhile.  and the chores?  who really cares anyway?  why do i?

No comments:

Post a Comment