Tuesday, May 21, 2013

out of the rubble

I had been having a rough few days - the sadness would come and go, but over the last week I had a lot of sad moments among regular life and the joy that I have with family and friends.

But something about seeing a tornado rip through a town that is so much like yours and mine - wow that puts things into perspective, doesn't it.

At this time, from my understanding (as I can not watch much coverage) there are children still unaccounted for.  Lost.  Buried in rubble.  Can you imagine being a parent of one of these babies?  I can not!!  Oh Lord, make your presence known to these families!!  Shine a light onto these children and let them be found.  They are not lost to you.  Let them be found.

Kevin and I prayed this morning after the children left for school, and in his prayer Kevin recounted something we had seen maybe a week ago...a woman who survived after being underneath the rubble of a building for 17 days.

If you believe in the power of prayer, can you join me in asking God for His great favor for these families.  So much devastation and loss.

God bless Oklahoma.


No comments:

Post a Comment