Thursday, May 19, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I am going to write 10 things I am thankful for, because I could easily write 20 things I am unhappy about. So in that spirit, here is a bit of what I am grateful for, because I do try to remind myself of all the good in my life, when the bad creeps in and discourages me.


*My family is healthy today.


*My couponing talk this morning went well, and I think I helped at least 2 women (my goal was one, so bonus!) start their journey to saving some money.  It was a pretty small group but I talked for a while, over an hour, and I realized that an hour just tips the iceberg.  I am all the more interested in doing series-workshops instead of one hour talks.


*Kevin had a great day at work.  Love ya boyfriend, thank you so much for working hard for us!


*I laid down with 2 out of my 3 cats for 1/2 an hour this afternoon.  It was soft and cozy and too short.  I was very jealous of them when I had to get up.


*Our yard is torn up!!  We are on our way to actually HAVING a yard!!


*Found out today a friend of mine is having a girl after having 2 boys.  If she had 3 boys she would cherish them all and she loves being a boy-mom, but I think she's gonna have fun with a girl.  Selfishly I wanted a boy bc I am really craving a little boy in my life, but SOMEONE close to me will have a boy, SOMETIME.  Just not me....


*What number am I on?


*I turned in about a billion BoxTops today to Taylor's class.  Have I ever written here about my obsession with BoxTops?  I want my kids class to win the contest the school has every few months - Bailey's class already won this year so this time I turned them in to Tatie's.  Anyone want to give me some BoxTops?


*We took a really nice family walk tonight and made it back just before another downpour.  No matter that by the end of it the girls weren't allowed to touch or talk to each other, we were still outside and a passerby would've thought it was a nice family walk.


*Season finale Greys tonight.  Bath with my People magazine first.  New book from Jennifer Weiner last.  It's a yummy perfect-night-in kind of sandwich.


*Taylor just had her hand slapped for repeat defiance by Kevin...not thankful that had to happen, I never like that...but thankful Kevin was the one to deliver it, not me.  It's so hard looking into those huge brown eyes.  Oh, so how do I yell at her then?  I don't see them, I see red.


So in summary, the kids are driving us kind of nutty, but there is much to be thankful for.

What are YOU thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment