Thursday, March 17, 2011

Thankful Thursday.

Today is St Patricks Day.  That's all, I don't really have anything else to say about that.  Because my brain has become mush, I don't really recall the historical significance of it - I think it was a good reason though so Yay Irish people.  Go you.  Or something.

So even though it's not my thing...I DID wear green and I DID like to see everyone enjoy themselves.  The girls had a good time at school, the kids at the park seemed happy, you FB friends were eating green pancakes and corned beef (never had it).  Everyone likes something to celebrate, even if the majority of the people don't even know what they're celebrating.

Or do they all know, and I'm the only dumb one.  Hmm.

Anyway, here is my thankfulness list.

1.  Tatie had a playdate this morning, and Bailey had a playdate after school.  The girls and I also decided we're going to have a Tanged party when we get the movie, and they can each invite a few friends.  One of my New Years resolutions was to do more things with friends - for the girls too also - and I feel like we're actually living up to that one. 

2,  Kevin is doing well at his job, which we are very grateful for. 

3.  This weather!!

4.  This weekend Kev and I are going to AC for the day with Kevin's brother Scott, and his girlfriend.  Who I love.  So it'll be a really good time.  This is our Christmas present to each other - instead of buying gifts, we choose an activity.  And then on Sunday we're going to a middle school show of Beauty and the Beast, so lots of fun.

5.  Another normal day.  With seeing what the Japanese are enduring, vacuuming and laundry seems pretty damn privileged.

6.  Taylor has off from school tomorrow, I'm looking forward to palling around with her in the morning and then in the afternoon we have a playdate planned, so more fun-ness!

7.  Tonight I took a walk...and even jogged some.  I know, I can't believe it either!!  I stopped after a bit -  I didn't want to scare the children playing if I passed out clutching my chest outside their house.

8.  Private Practice is new tonight, I'm watching it right now.  Perhaps it has contributed to that whole brain-mush thing I have going, but I don't care.

9.  Taylor was really coughing and snotty yesterday morning, but seemed pretty good today.  Bailey has also been doing better with her breathing and coughing.  Yay!

10.   I have fresh sheets on my bed.  The good kind of sheets, because my mom saw we had old, torn sheets and she took pity on us.  Before you think we had nasty sheets because we be po', that's not why.  The girls each have 3 sets of beautiful, soft sheets.  But when you have a few bucks, it's always easier to spend it differently than buying the high thread-count sheets.  But they are so worth it, thanks Mom!!

Bonus #11.  My mom rocks.  She not only gave us luxurious sheets, when she comes to visit me sometimes she makes our bed.  And throws in a load of towels.  And straightens up the girls rooms.  And scrubs my stove.  Well, that she does because she can't stand how nasty I let it get, it hurts her eyes. Anyway, you get the gist -- she still mothers me.  And THAT is awesome.  I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment